7 Ways to Optimize Your Cholesterol
The most effective way to optimize your cholesterol profile and prevent heart disease is with diet and exercise. Did you know 75 percent of your cholesterol is produced by your liver, which is influenced by your insulin levels? (1)
Therefore, if you optimize your insulin level, you will automatically optimize your cholesterol and reduce your risk of both diabetes and heart disease. The underlying cause is insulin resistance caused by eating too many sugars, grains and especially fructose.The best ways to safely regulate your cholesterol and reduce your risk of our #1 killer, heart disease, include:
- Gradually reduce, until you eliminate grains and fructose from your diet.
- Get plenty of high quality, animal-based omega-3 fats, and reduce your consumption of damaged omega-6 fats (trans fats, vegetable oils).
- Include heart-healthy foods in your diet, such as olive oil, coconut and coconut oil, organic eggs, avocados, raw nuts and seeds and organic grass-fed meats.
- Optimize your vitamin D levels.
- Exercise six to seven days a week.
- Don’t smoke, and moderate you alcohol consumption.
- Get plenty of good quality sleep.