Cures in the Cabinet
You don’t have to roam the aisles of a health food store or drugstore to find a cure for what ails you. You most likely have an entire medicine cabinet right inside the walls of your kitchen cabinets!
It’s true, but many of these effective and safe remedies may surprise you. Others you may recognize as old wives tales passed down through the generations. In any case, you can forget the pharmacy and transform your health with these home cures that work!
Nature is really quite amazing. Inside some of the simplest herbs and foods lies the capacity to heal the body. Natural cures work. Some might even seem a little wacky and without a clear explanation to why they work, but why not give them a shot? You’ll probably be pleasantly surprised. Discover the healing hidden powers from behind your cabinet doors and put the fastest, strongest and safest homemade remedies to the test.
Raw Potato Remedies
You would never guess it, but a raw potato is a lot more than a simple ingredient featured in many tasty meals. Raw potatoes have an innate ability to heal. Though they look innocent, but they’re quite powerful. Some of the healing powers of potatoes include:
- A Cure for Warts: Rub a piece of freshly cut raw potato on your wart, allowing the juice to cover the wart. Do this daily and watch the wart fade away! The natural acid of the potatoes kill the wart.
- A Soothing Treatment for Burns: The next time you get a superficial burn, including a sunburn, mix some shredded raw potato with a bit of water and make enough paste to cover the burn. Let it set for several minutes and you should feel the pain begin to subside. Potato peels provide moisture and they also have antibacterial properties that help in healing.
- A Headache Reliever: The next time you have a headache, reach for a raw potato instead of a pain relieving drug. Gently rub your temples with the sliced potato until the pain subsides. The alkaline juice of the potato neutralizes pain and improves circulation.
- Easing Tooth Pain: Chill a potato in the refrigerator and then slice it small enough that the pieces will easily fit in your mouth. Place a slice inside your mouth against the area that is causing you pain and feel your toothache ease.
- Ease swelling, inflammation and insect bites: Again, just slice a piece of potato and hold it against the affected area.
- Drawing out Poison or Infection: Apply a paste of raw potato on the area that is affected. The raw potato acts like a drawing salve, pulling out the poison or infection.
- Lowering fever: Put sliced potatoes on the bottom of your children’s feet and put a sock over it to hold it into place. The potatoes slices cool the body and draw out the fever.
- Even drinking raw potato juice can soothe an upset stomach by cleansing your intestines and reducing the amount of acid in the gastrointestinal system.
The potato is one of the best all-round treatments for so many reasons. Keep potatoes on hand and it is like having your own first aid kit inside a vegetable!
The Greatness of Garlic
Garlic is quite popular for boosting the immune system. It isn’t exactly an out-of-the-ordinary remedy for colds and flus. However, garlic has some very out-of-the-ordinary uses with extraordinary results. Garlic has super powerful anti-viral and antibacterial properties. This gives it the ability to combat a variety of different ailments, beside the fact it is cheap, easy to prepare and readily available. Some of the more unconventional uses for garlic include:
To continue reading the rest of this article, please sign in using your Home Cures That Work login. Not a Home Cures That Work member yet? Click Here to join our exclusive membership and gain access to all our amazing articles!