Who would have thought there might be a connection between candida and eczema? But there have been a couple of recent studies showing the link between candida overgrowth and eczema. Successfully treating candida may give you relief from eczema.
Three primary things lead to candida overgrowth:
- A diet high in processed and refined foods.
- Consuming products in the three “white” groups – sugar, flour and rice.
- Taking antibiotics frequently for any reason.
Natural Remedies for Healing Candida Overgrowth
There are many agents that kill candida overgrowth, such as:
- Oil of oregano. A compound in oil of oregano called carvacrol has been found to inhibit candida yeast. To apply topically, mix three drops of oregano oil with a tablespoon of olive oil and apply it to the affected area. Continue until you see improvement. Orally, take three drops of oregano oil mixed into a glass of water. Drink this solution twice daily for up to a week. Otherwise, take one or two capsules of oregano oil twice daily after meals. Continue for two to three months.
- Garlic has known antifungal properties. Include garlic in your food preparation whenever possible. You can also take garlic supplements. Follow the dosage provided by the manufacturer. You can also apply crushed garlic to the affected area.
- Andrographis is a flower from the family of the Chinese violet. Among other powerful medicinal properties, it is also an antifungal. The usual dose is 1 to 6 grams of the dried herb, or 5-15mls of a 1:5 tincture taken daily. This herb is very bitter, so capsule form may be best.
- Grapefruit seed extract has been found to perform as well or better than many antibiotics and fungicides. Take 10 drops to one cup water, three times per day. If taking tablets, the dose is 100-200mg one-to-three times daily.
- A good probiotic or cultured and fermented foods will improve the good bacteria in the gut. These will ultimately eliminate the candida.
- Raw apple cider vinegar and candida do not get along. Take a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and mix it with a glass of water and drink before every meal.
- Yeast control diet. Practitioners generally recommend such a diet for at least two weeks. Click here for foods to avoid and limit.
Unfortunately, when healing from candida, sometimes the symptoms can worsen before they get better. To speed the healing process, try supplementing with Black Spanish Radish (suggested use is 3x/day). This herb is known for its ability to assist with digestive problems and to promote healthy organs.
Suffering with eczema is frustrating and discomforting, especially when your skin is completely irritated. The range of irritation varies in frequency and intensity. A mild itch could last for a few hours to relapses lasting for months. Others face severe itching without weeks of relief from eczema … and literally end up scratching their skin off. Oozing and blistering lesions then crust over and create scarring.
Most suffering from this relentless form of eczema develop the condition before they are 5 years old. Thankfully, half of the children with eczema grow out of it by age three. The other half might scratch their skin for the rest of their lives.
Eczema Triggers and Traditional Treatment Pitfalls
Eczema triggers come in a variety of ways:
To continue reading the rest of this article, please sign in using your Home Cures That Work login. Not a Home Cures That Work member yet? Click Here to join our exclusive membership and gain access to all our amazing articles!