Chocolate-Dipped Pineapple Rings
Dried pineapple rings dipped in melted chocolate and sprinkled with chopped macadamia nuts are a healthy dessert with tropical flavor. Customize this chocolate-dipped fruit recipe by using different nuts or even dried papaya spears instead of pineapple.
- 2 tablespoons chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup bittersweet (or dark) chocolate chips
- 12 dried pineapple ring
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Place chocolate chips in a small glass bowl. Microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving in 20-second intervals until melted, stirring after each interval. (Alternatively, melt in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water.)
Dip half of each pineapple ring into the melted chocolate. Let the excess drip back into bowl. Place the dipped fruit on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle macadamia nuts over the chocolate. Refrigerate until the chocolate is set, about 30 minutes.
• Serving size: 1 piece
• Per serving: 128 calories; 3 g fat(1 g sat); 1 g fiber; 28 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 mcg folate; 0 mg cholesterol; 26 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 500 IU vitamin A; 0 mg vitamin C; 1 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 0 mg sodium; 5 mg potassium
• Carbohydrate Servings: 2
• Exchanges: 1 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat