Vitamin E Oils and Creams Product Review
It’s been common knowledge that vitamin E helps heal wounds and has been recommended post-surgery to reduce scarring. But do you know that vitamin E is an antioxidant that that helps maintain the integrity of cells?
Vitamin E may be helpful for Alzheimer’s disease, arthritis and other nerve pain or conditions. Correcting a deficiency may also be beneficial for maintaining eye health.
- For Alzheimer’s disease, a dosage of 2000 IU daily has shown promise to retain the ability to perform daily activities
- For rheumatoid arthritis, a dosage of 600 IU, two times daily, has been found to be helpful in treating inflammation.
- As vitamin E plays a role in maintaining the lens of the eye, supplementing for a deficiency could be beneficial (400 IU/day).
Various other benefits of vitamin E include preventing preeclampsia, easing menstrual pain, relieving restless leg syndrome and treating Parkinson’s. Research also shows that vitamin E can help reduce risk for recurrent strokes in people with diabetes.
The recommended vitamin E oral dosage can vary from 100 – 2000 IU daily.
Please consult your doctor for dosage supervision and recommendation.
Here are 12 vitamin E cream and oil products that have been tested and approved to label specifications to include key ingredients and suggested daily servings:
- Carlson E-Gems
- DEVA Vegan Vitamin E
- Garden of Life Vitamin Code RAW Vitamin E
- GNC Vitamin E
- Nature Made E
- Nature’s Bounty E
- Nature’s Sunshine Vitamin E
- Pure Encapsulations Vitamin E
- Solgar Vitamin E
- Trader Joe’s Vitamin E
- TwinLab Super E Complex
- Unique E
You can increase your consumption of vitamin E rich foods by including the following in your diet:
- Wheat germ oil
- Sunflower seeds
- Safflower oil
- Peanut butter
- Brazil nuts
- Tomato, raw
Make sure you are getting the right vitamin E for heart health, arthritis and vision, as well as a daily dose of prevention for Alzheimer’s!